The 2014-2015 Shire ADHD Scholarship Application is up and ready for you to apply! Each recipient receives a $2,000 award and 1 year of ADHD coaching services.
The March 19, 2013 deadline is right around the corner. If you’ve been thinking about applying, now is the time to turn up the power.
Important things to know!
When is the application due?
Completed applications must be received, in their entirety, by 8:00 PM Eastern Time (11 PM Pacific) on Wednesday, March 19, 2014.
Who is eligible?
This Scholarship is intended for US citizens who are accepted to or attending an approved college, university, vocational school, or technical school as an undergraduate student who has been diagnosed with ADHD and is under the care of a licensed health care professional for ADHD.
How to apply:
Shire makes it easy to work on your application over time. To begin applying you register for an account. You can then work on your application a little bit at a time and save it to come back to.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Handwritten applications, letters & essays will not be accepted.
We strongly suggest completing your application is on-line. The second speediest way to submit it is via fax: 410-810-8863.
More important things to know:
- Register here: http://www.shireadhdscholarship.com/
- National Scholarship Questions: call 1-855-474-4732 (note: this is a pre-recorded menu)
- The application includes a letter of reference and a verified ADHD diagnosis. ALLOW ENOUGH TIME TO GET THESE BACK FROM YOUR CONTACTS! (We’ve included some suggested self-imposed deadlines for this step in the milestone calendar, below)
- Allow yourself enough time to write your best essays.
- If, under the laws of the state where you live, you are considered a minor (“Minor”), then you must obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian prior to submitting your application
- Applications will not be accepted without completed reference and confirmation of diagnosis.
- 500 words is approximately 2 pages typed double spaced.