Director of Corporate and Individual Giving
The Development Coordinator is a full-time position, which can be performed remotely, reporting to the organization’s Founder and CEO and will play a critical role contributing to the fundraising work of a vibrant, innovative nonprofit, positioned for greater visibility and reach in the years ahead. The successful candidate is ready to deepen their fundraising skills and leverage existing experience to take the Edge Foundation (www.edgefoundation.org) to the next level of sophisticated fundraising success. The Development Coordinator will focus on developing and implementing an individual and corporate giving program that will complement Edge’s existing fundraising efforts with foundations.
- Create and implement a new strategy for an annual individual and corporate giving appeal.
- Identify, engage and follow up with major gift prospects leveraging the contacts and involvement of the Founder and the Board Development Committee.
- Organize and provide logistics for fundraising events, such as local and national house parties and donor cultivation events.
- Create email and online fundraising strategy which may involve the procurement of mailing lists. Oversee data and content for mailings.
- Identify and implement fundraising database
- Monitor and analyze wealth screening results to identify new and mid-level prospects for movement through the donor lifecycle and to ensure proper categorization (mid-level, principal) based on donor’s capacity and inclination
- Build prospecting, qualification, solicitation and cultivation plans, in partnership with Founder and Board
- Analyze donor giving patterns to increase donor retention, upgrading, and conversion rates
- Build relationships and be responsible for individual donor stewardship including donor reports, acknowledgement letters, thank you cards, donor appreciation gifts, and other communications via phone and email
- Conduct research on donor prospects and other acquisition strategies to expand donor base nationally
We are looking for someone with
- Eagerness for more responsibility and exposure to new challenges.
- Comfort working independently and taking initiative to solve problems creatively.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details, and familiarity with database management.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and engage diverse audiences and to build long-term relationships, including experience leveraging executive-level staff to achieve fundraising success.
- Flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment.
- Affinity with Edge Foundation’s mission.
Please submit resume and cover letter.