Coach Training Overview
The Edge Foundation requires that Edge Coaches complete 60 hours of ICF-accredited coach training. In addition, all Edge Coaches must complete the JST 40-hour ICF-accredited coach training program, Coaching Teens and College Students with ADHD.
A prospective coach who has not completed the 60-hour ICF accredited training plus the training for coaching teens and college students with ADHD can choose where they take the 60-hour class. You have the option to complete JST’s Empowering Students Through Coaching; this course includes Coaching Teens and College Students with ADHD.
Alternatively, you can choose to take any 60-hour or longer ICF-accredited coach training course, such as Fasttrack, CTI, iPec, Coachville, Mentor Coach, ADDCA, and then take the JST course Coaching Teens and College Students with ADHD.
Coaching Teens & College Students with ADHD provides 40 hours of training; 20 hours via weekly video conference and 20 hours self-study. There is an optional three-day intensive training option available.
- Covers skills and strategies for effective coaching of teens and young adults with executive functioning issues in and out of academic settings.
- Each participant is required to complete self-study assignments and weekly buddy coaching practices outside of class.
- Weekly in-class coaching practices with role playing to sharpen your skills.
- Classes will be recorded for your review.
- Certificate of completion will be provided with 40 training hours for ICF or 30 hours for CCE-Global.
- Individualized attention in small, 15-student classes.
- Empowering Students Through Coaching is an 80-hour ICF approved coach training program best suited for individuals without prior coach training. This course includes 10 hours of mentoring required by ICF. Note: this course includes Coaching Teens & College Students with ADHD, Coaching Children, and the 60-hour ICF requirement for Core Coach Training Hours.
- Coaches are responsible for all book purchases
Edge’s Training Consultant: JST Coaching & Training
JST Coaching & Training was founded by Jodi Sleeper-Triplett, MCC, SCAC, BCC, a world-renowned expert in student coaching and ADHD coaching. Jodi is the founder of the movement for ADHD coaching for students and has been working with students for over 35 years. As co-founder of the Institute for the Advancement of ADHD Coaching and developer of the coach training programs for the Edge Foundation, Sleeper-Triplett is seen by many of her peers as the foremost expert in the field of ADHD coaching for students.
Jodi is the president of JST Coaching, a premiere coach training and coaching company focused on ADHD students coaching. She developed the first training course focused on coaching students with ADHD, which is now offered in Spanish, Turkish and Italian. Her first book, Empowering Youth with ADHD, is available online and in bookstores. She is a co-author of Becoming Self-Determined: Creating Thoughtful Learners in a Standards-Driven, Admissions-Frenzied Culture, Field & Parker (editors).
Jodi completed her coach training with the Coaches Training Institute, Success Unlimited Network, and the American Coaching Association. She graduated from the unique BDIC Program at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, with a B.A. in human services/mental health. She is the recipient of the 2016 CHADD Hall of Fame Award, a long-standing volunteer for CHADD and AHEAD.
Enroll in Training
If you have already applied to be an Edge Coach and demonstrated that you meet our prerequisites, then enroll in the class. If you have not yet gone through the vetting process, please apply. Once you do, you’ll be hearing from us soon!