Last month we talked about how Edge Foundation will match you with an ADHD coach. But how do you do that?
Select an ADHD Coach
When you select an Edge coach, you have access to dozens of coaches who are qualified to work with ADHD students to choose from. How do we help you narrow that list down?
Complete the sign up form. Talk to our Coach Match Maker.
Now it’s your turn to ask the questions.
Before you agree to working with a coach, you’ll have an opportunity to interview him or her. This is your chance to get to know the person a bit and see if she or he feels like a good fit. But what are some of the questions you might want to ask?
ADHD coach interview questions
Here are a few questions to ask your Coach Match to help determine if they are a good fit for you.
- How long have you been an ADHD coach?
- Approximately how many ADD/ADHD clients have you coached?
- What ADHD coach training and continuing education do you receive?
- Do you have personal experience with ADD/ADHD? Yourself or your children?
- What will I be able to expect from you during the coaching relationship?
- What type of issues can we work on in coaching?
- What will a coaching session be like?
- What will you expect from me during our coaching relationship?
- How will you monitor my progress? How is it evaluated?
- Do you coach full-time or part-time?
- What days and times are you available to schedule coaching sessions?
- Do you use Skype?
- Why did you become an ADHD coach?
- What is your basic approach to ADHD coaching?
What questions did you ask your ADHD coach? Did we miss any?