The Edge Foundation has recruited and trained some of the best coaches in the business. If you choose an Edge Coach you know you are getting a seasoned life coach who is specially trained in working with young people with executive functioning issues.
Step 1 – Apply
To get an Edge Coach, all you do is apply. For students under 18 years of age, parents will participate in all phases of the application process. For students 18 years and older, it is expected that the student take the initiative for selecting his or her own coach and that the parents take a supportive but secondary role.
To apply, just click on the “Get a Coach!” button below. Once you’ve filled in and submitted the form, you’ll hear back from us by the end of the next working day.
Step 2 – Coach Match & Evaluation
Based on what you tell us about yourself or your child, we’ll match you with one of our coaches. If you already have one in mind, just let us know your preference.
You and the coach will then exchange contact information. You will talk with each other (if the student is under 18, both the parents and student will talk with the coach), and during the conversation it will become clear:
- Whether a comfortable connection can be made,
- Whether coaching would be beneficial given the student’s particular situation, and
- Whether the individual wants to be coached and is “coachable” by that coach.
If you then wish to speak with additional coaches, you need only contact us and ask.
Step 3 – Coach Selection & Signup
Once a coach has been selected, the parent or the individual (if 18 years or older) and coach will sign a contract and commence coaching. Payment for services will be made directly to the Edge Foundation.
It’s that easy!
Edge Foundation Criteria
Not everyone will be a good candidate for working with an Edge Coach. Before providing a connection to one of our coaches, the Edge Foundation examines each applicant’s case. During this evaluation the Edge Foundation takes into account:
- Is the individual deemed coachable and would he or she benefit from Edge coaching?
- Does the parent / individual agree to the Edge Foundation general terms and conditions?
- Is the candidate able to afford Edge coaching? If not, does the candidate qualify for a rate reduction or scholarship assistance?