Coach Training Overview
The Edge Foundation requires that in addition to 60 hours of ICF accredited coach training, that all Edge Coaches to complete a 30 hour accredited coach training program, entitled “Coaching Teens and College Students with ADHD” provided through JST Coaching & Training. This program is designed to ensure consistent use of protocols and to provide coaches with the necessary skills and tools to coach young people, teens and young adults. It includes:
- 30 hours of training; 20 hours in class, 10 hours self-study provided by weekly video conference.
- Covers skills and strategies for effective coaching of teens and young adults with executive functioning issues in and out of academic settings.
- Each participant is required to complete self-study assignments and weekly buddy coaching practices outside of class.
- Weekly in-class coaching practices with role playing to sharpen your skills.
- Classes will be recorded and provided in MP4 video playback.
- Certificate of course completion will be provided with 30 CCEUs for ICF or CCE-Global.
- Individualized attention in small, 15-studentclasses.
Coaches are responsible for all book purchases.
Edge’s Training Consultant: JST Coaching & Training
JST Coaching & Training was founded by Jodi Sleeper-Triplett, MCC, SCAC, BCC, a world-renowned expert in student coaching and ADHD coaching. Jodi is the founder of the movement for ADHD coaching for students and has been working with students for over 35 years. As co-founder of the Institute for the Advancement of ADHD Coaching and developer of the coach training programs for the Edge Foundation, Sleeper-Triplett is seen by many of her peers as the foremost expert in the field of ADHD coaching for students.
Jodi is the president of JST Coaching, a premiere coach training and coaching company focused on ADHD students coaching. She developed the first training course focused on coaching students with ADHD, which is now offered in Spanish, Turkish and Italian. Her first book, Empowering Youth with ADHD, is available online and in bookstores. She is a co-author of Becoming Self-Determined: Creating Thoughtful Learners in a Standards-Driven, Admissions-Frenzied Culture, Field & Parker (editors).
Jodi completed her coach training with the Coaches Training Institute, Success Unlimited Network, and the American Coaching Association. She graduated from the unique BDIC Program at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, with a B.A. in human services/mental health. She is the recipient of the 2016 CHADD Hall of Fame Award, a long-standing volunteer for CHADD and AHEAD.
Enroll in Training
If you have already applied to be an Edge Coach and demonstrated that you meet our prerequisites, then enroll in the class. If you have not yet gone through the vetting process, please apply. Once you do, you’ll be hearing from us soon!