All of our Edge Coaches are well trained life coaches who receive additional specialized training in coaching young people with executive functioning challenges which can come from ADHD or adverse childhood experiences (ACE’s). We promise our clients that our coaches meet some of the most rigorous standards in the business. If they choose to work with an Edge Coach, they know they will be in good hands.
Below are the requirements to become an Edge Coach.
1) Documentation that you have completed at least one of the following training or certification options:
- “Empowering Students Through Coaching” — an 80 hour course delivered by JST Coaching & Training. Note:this course includes “Coaching Teens & College Students”,“Coaching Children” and the 60 hour ICF requirement for Core Coach Training Hours.
- ICF certification (ACC, PCC, or MCC).
- Graduation from an ICF-accredited school with at least 60 hours of training, or
- Completion of at least 60 hours of ICF-approved training or received a Board Coach Credential (BCC) from the Center for Credentialing Education.
- Note: For those coaches who have not completed “Empowering Students through Coaching,” you must provide a certificate of completion of the course “Coaching Teens & College Students with ADHD – a teleclass or 3 Day Intensive delivered by JST Coaching & Training. Please contact us to help make the timing of this training fit your schedule.
2) In addition to your training, you must also have the following level of coaching experience:
- Minimum of two years of experience as an active coach, and
- Minimum of 10 active or current clients.
Note: Those who meet the life coach training requirement but who do not yet meet the experience requirements are still eligible for our Associate Edge Coach program. Please be sure to ask for details when you contact us.