Want to be part of something big? Join us Wednesday, May 2, 2012 and help at-risk ADHD youth get access to ADHD coaching in schools.
GiveBIG for ADHD on May 2, 2012!
GiveBIG is a one-day, online charitable giving event inspiring people to contribute to nonprofit organizations that make our world a healthier and more vital place to live. This year there are more than 1,300 charities participating.
Join this epic event Wednesday, May 2, and make a $25 donation to Edge.
The question shouldn’t be if you will give, but which organization will you choose?
We hope you’ll choose Edge.
Support critical intervention for high-risk ADHD youth: Edge is dedicating our 2012 GiveBig challenge funds to the Pacific Northwest School Project. This ground breaking project covered last month by Seattle’s NBC affiliate, King5, offers in-school ADHD coaching at high-needs schools where students perform at some of the lowest levels of academic standards in the state of Washington. Many of these students are at risk for dropping out, incarceration and addiction – kids with ADHD are even at higher risk.
In order to continue the program next year and reach more students, we need your help: This year’s program was funded in full by a generous foundation gift. The first year of this program is coming to an end and the success stories we’ve heard are inspiring. But without your contribution, we won’t be able to offer the program again for the 2012-2013 school year.
When you GiveBIG on May 2, your contribution will stretch to the max!
GiveBIG is all about community joining together to leverage giving. We want to inspire the ADHD community to join together and send a strong message to at-risk students that we believe that they can achieve their dreams. ADHD doesn’t have to be a disability. And all students can succeed when given a chance.
- DOUBLE YOUR GIFT! All contributions to Edge will be automatically doubled by a challenge grant from the Johnson Scholarship Fund (JFS) and will make Edge eligible to receive a larger share of the Seattle Foundation’s “stretch fund.”
- NOW QUADRUPLE IT! If your donation is also matched by your employer, your $100 gift could mean a $400 contribution to Edge. (Your $100 + $100 employer match, x2 from JSF.)
- PLUS! The more money Edge raises, the larger the percent of funds that Edge will be awarded from GiveBIG.*
- EVERY LITTLE BIT COUNTS: Whether you donate $5 or $500, every gift to Edge Foundation will be doubled by JSF.
You can win when you GiveBIG!
There may even be something in it for you. Everyone who donates has a chance to win a Golden Ticket — a Starbucks gift card and an extra $1,000 to give to the charity of your choice. Feel free to spread your donation out over several hours. One winner will be chosen each hour.
More details about GiveBig
- To qualify for GiveBIG, all donations must be made on May 2, 2012, between midnight and midnight, Pacific Time.
- You are not required to register or login at any site to participate.
- You can give anonymously if you wish (but we hope you won’t so we can thank you!)
- It’s easy to donate using any Visa or Discover Card.
- All contributions must be made through the Seattle Foundation’s website to qualify. This website has the highest level of security and you can rest assured your personal information will be safe.
- We are asking for a minimum donation of $25, but encourage you to give more.
- The Johnson Scholarship Foundation will match all donations received during GiveBIG.
- Your contribution is tax deductible.
- Stretch pool funds will be allocated based on the percentage of donations the nonprofit receives of the total online contributions made through www.seattlefoundation.org on May 2.
- GiveBIG is sponsored by the Seattle Foundation and underwritten by sponsors including Starbucks, JP Morgan Chase and Microsoft.
- Edge serves students with ADHD nationwide, but because we’re headquartered in Seattle we’re lucky enough to be eligible to participate in the Seattle Foundation’s GiveBIG day.